How to Overcome Your Debt Problems
When you are contemplating how to overcome debt problems in Thunder Bay, the best thing to do is to tackle them as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the fewer options you may have in the future.
Sometimes you might know where to start and what to do, but if you’d like some guidance or information, feel free to contact us by phone or chat anonymously with us online. We’d be happy to answer your questions or schedule you an appointment to speak confidentially with one of our qualified Credit Counsellors. There is no charge or obligation with our appointments.
||Julia Fletcher is interviewed by Global
TV after the Credit Counselling Society
helped her overcome her debt problems
and repay her debt with no interest.
Watch News Story
||CTV story shows how Dan Robinson
paid off $30,000 in debt with no
interest after receiving help from
the Credit Counselling Society.
CTV – Help to Pay Down Debt
Our professional, friendly Credit Counsellors will help you get started with a realistic plan that’s broken down into doable steps that will get you back on track. Some of what they can help you with is:
- Creating a spending plan to make sure all your debts and household bills are taken care of
- Showing you what you can begin doing right away to start addressing your debt problems
- Exploring options that will allow you to pay back your debts or find alternative options to filling for bankruptcy if you can’t reasonably afford to pay back all of the debts you owe
Warning Signs of Debt Problems for You or Someone You Know
Sometimes someone may experience a sudden improvement in their situation which will allow them to get back on track without needing help from anyone else. However, if you’ve been battling debt problems for over a year, then pay attention to these warning signs. They often reveal more serious debt issues.
To determine if you could use some assistance getting your debts back on the right track, ask yourself:
- Is stress from your debt making it more challenging to manage everyday life?
- Are you no longer getting ahead making minimum monthly payments?
- Has your bank or credit union turned you down for a debt consolidation loan?
- Do you need your line of credit, over draft, or credit cards to ensure you can make ends meet every month?
- Are you receiving collections letters and phone calls?
- Are you embarrassed by your financial situation?
- Are you having trouble sleeping because of money worries?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions about the signs of debt problems, then you most likely need help to eliminate your debts and get your finances back on track. Speak with one of our Credit & Debt Counselors today.
Options and Solutions to Resolve Debt Problems
It comes as no surprise that constantly worrying about money and debt problems can actually make you sick from all the stress and anxiety. In addition to these worries, we’ve found that a lot of people come to see us because they are afraid of what could happen to them.
Showing you options and solutions for your debt problems is only part of what we do. We’ll also take the time to answer your questions about money management issues so that you can make an informed decision about what to do and how to best deal with your debt problem.
Contact the Credit Counselling Society now by phone, email or anonymous online chat to ask us your questions or to make an appointment to speak confidentially with a Credit Counsellor in person or over the phone.
More Information About How to Manage, Fix, and Overcome Debt Problems in Thunder Bay, Ontario
If you’re curious or if you want to learn more on your own, here is information about some of the topics we receive the most questions about from Ontarians who are looking for solutions on how to manage, fix, and overcome their debt problems.
Call us at 1-888-527-8999. We’re here to answer your questions or refer you to the most qualified, professional who can provide you with the advice or solution you require.