Warning Signs for Serious Debt Problems that Require Attention
For some people, their situation improves and they’re able to manage to get back on track without anyone else helping them. However, if you have been wrestling with a debt issue for over a year, watch out for these warning signs. They might indicate that you may have a more serious debt problem.
To decide if you need someone else’s assistance to get yourself back on track with your debts, ask yourself:
- Is stress about your debt making it hard to cope with everyday life?
- Do you feel that only making minimum payments isn’t getting you ahead?
- Have you been turned down for a consolidation loan?
- Do you rely on your overdraft, line of credit or credit cards to make ends meet?
- Are you receiving collection calls or letters?
- Does your financial situation cause you embarrassment?
- Are you losing sleep at night because of worry over money problems?
If you responded “yes” to any of these questions, then it’s highly likely that you need assistance putting together a plan to get your finances back on track and eliminate your debts. One of our Credit & Debt Counselors would be happy to help you. Speak with one today.
Options and Solutions to Resolve Debt Problems
Worrying about money and debt problems can literally make you sick from all the stress. But in addition to worrying about their money, we’ve found that many people come to us afraid of what might happen to them.
Showing you options and solutions for your debt problems is only part of what we do. We’ll also take the time to answer your questions about money management issues so that you can make an informed decision about what to do and how to best deal with your debt problem.
Contact the Credit Counselling Society now by phone, email or anonymous online chat to ask us your questions or to make an appointment to speak confidentially with a Credit Counsellor in person or over the phone.