Online Workshop / Webinar
Borrowing on credit to purchase an item or to pay for a service, also known as financing, isn’t a bad thing if it’s done wisely. Most folks in Canada have borrowed on credit in order to buy, or finance, something like a home or a car. Credit is a great tool to help us achieve our goals, but it can end up costing us quite a bit if we aren’t educated on the impacts of excess borrowing. Understanding the ins and outs of credit and financing through borrowing on credit can help us to make savvier financial decisions.
If you’re unsure of where to start with understanding credit, borrowing and financing, the good news is that CCS can help you learn by giving you the education you need to support you in making good decision where credit, borrowing and financing are concerned. We can give you the hope you need, to know that YES: you can learn this!
In this informative and interactive Borrowing 101 workshop / webinar, participants will learn how to:
- Identify the 5 C’s of credit, which describe your lending behaviour
- Describe the components of your credit score
- Calculate your debt service ratio
- Differentiate between secured and unsecured financing
- Compare the pros and cons of vehicle financing versus leasing
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of new versus used vehicles
- Navigate different types of lending products like, mortgages, lines of credit, credit cards, and payday loans, just to name a few!
This interactive and informative workshop lasts 1 hour, with time for questions and discussion. We take a “grab and go” approach where you grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will be supplied with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.