Student Success – Managing Money in Post-Secondary School
Online Workshop / Webinar
It’s tough being a student in post-secondary these days. School fees, living costs, and adult responsibilities keep rising with what feels like no end in sight. Post-secondary students have to juggle competing priorities too! You’ve got classes, exams, papers, projects, deadlines, relationships, social commitments, work, and just life in general.
For a lot of students, money can be a HUGE stressor. In fact, we can even say that it’s a top stressor after academic performance. At the Credit Counselling Society, we can help you by giving you the education you need to support you in managing all of your responsibilities. We can give you the hope you need, to know that YES, you can do this!
Join us for an informative and interactive workshop / webinar where you’ll learn about:
- Finding sources of funding for your post-secondary education
- Managing your expenses while you’re in school
- What effective Budgeting and Tracking of your Expenses can look like so you don’t have to ask, “where did all my money go?”
- How to save
- Strategies and finding assistance to repay your student debt
- Avoiding excess debt
- Dealing with the debt that you do have
- Building good credit
- Understanding your credit history, your credit report and your credit score
- Building financial management skills
- Applying your financial management skills to minimize your financial stress
- Identifying how your behaviour with credit today may impact your future – for better or worse
- The difference between good debt and bad debt
This fun and interactive workshop is 90 minutes long. We take a “grab and go” approach where all you have to do is grab an idea or two, and then go try it. All participants will be supplied with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.