How to Overcome Your Debt Problems
When you are contemplating how to overcome debt problems in Red Deer, the best thing to do is to tackle them as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the fewer options you may have in the future.
If you’re not sure what to do or where to start and you’d like some guidance or information, feel free to call us or anonymously chat with us online. We’re happy to answer your questions or help you make an appointment to speak with one of our accredited Counsellors confidentially. There is never any charge for our appointments, and we don’t obligate you anything.
||Global TV interviews Julia Fletcher
after she eliminates her debt pro-
blems & credit card debt with help
from the Credit Counselling Society.
||CTV News interviews Dan Robinson
after he eliminated his debt
problems & $30,000 in debt with no
interest by getting help from the
Credit Counselling Society. See the Story
Our helpful, professional Credit & Debt Counsellors will guide you on the path to getting your finances back on track with a practical plan that is broken down into realistic steps. Here is what they will likely help you with:
- Creating a spending plan to make sure all your debts and household bills are taken care of
- Showing you what you can begin doing right away to start addressing your debt problems
- Exploring options that will allow you to pay back your debts or find alternative options to filling for bankruptcy if you can’t reasonably afford to pay back all of the debts you owe
Warning Signs for Serious Debt Problems that Require Attention
Sometimes someone may experience a sudden improvement in their situation which will allow them to get back on track without needing help from anyone else. However, if you’ve been battling debt problems for over a year, then pay attention to these warning signs. They often reveal more serious debt issues.
To determine if you could use some assistance getting your debts back on the right track, ask yourself:
- Is stress from your debt making it more challenging to manage everyday life?
- Are you no longer getting ahead making minimum monthly payments?
- Has your bank or credit union turned you down for a debt consolidation loan?
- Do you need your line of credit, over draft, or credit cards to ensure you can make ends meet every month?
- Are you receiving collections letters and phone calls?
- Does your financial situation cause you embarrassment?
- Are you losing sleep at night because of worry over money problems?
If you responded “yes” to any of these questions, then it’s highly likely that you need assistance putting together a plan to get your finances back on track and eliminate your debts. One of our Credit & Debt Counselors would be happy to help you. Speak with one today.
Options and Solutions to Deal with Debt Problems
It comes as no surprise that constantly worrying about money and debt problems can actually make you sick from all the stress and anxiety. In addition to these worries, we’ve found that a lot of people come to see us because they are afraid of what could happen to them.
Helping you work through various options and solutions for your debt challenges is only part of the help we provide. We also want to make the time to answer any questions you may have about money management, credit, and debt issues so you can make an informed choice about what to do and how you would like to deal with your debt problems.
Feel free to use the phone, anonymous online chat, or email to ask us your questions or to make an appointment to talk with one of our Debt Counsellors. Appointments with the Credit Counselling Society’s Counsellors are available in person or over the phone and are always free, non-judgmental, and completely confidential.
Additional Information About How to Manage & Fix Debt Problems to Get Them Under Control in Red Deer, Alberta
If your looking to learn more on your own, here’s some more information on some of the subjects we receive a lot of questions about from
Albertans who are trying to find out how to manage and fix their debt problems to get them under control.
Call us at 1-888-527-8999. We’re here to answer your questions or refer you to the most qualified, professional who can provide you with the advice or solution you require.